Top of page
Skip to main content
Main content

Frequently-Asked Funding Questions

  • What is the Monetary Policy?

    College Council's Monetary Policy governs the funding of all organizations. More information can be found on our Monetary Policy page
  • Where do I submit my operational (annual) budget?

    Operational budget instructions can be found here.
  • How do I apply for supplemental funding?

    Supplemental budget information can be found here.
  • What is Price Evidence?

    Price evidence essentially means providing a screenshot of requested items and is absolutely required for every line item. This means if you request a domino's pizza and say it is $10, then you should attach a screenshot from their website that also says it costs $10. You do not need to have purchased the item in the past in order to submit price evidence for the future.
  • What is SGS?

    SGS stands for Student Governance Services, an office in the Division of Campus Life. They manage student organization financial services. You can find more information on their website here.
  • What is flexible funding?

    Every organization's operational budget contains some percentage of flexible spending. This is money that you can allocate to new events, different events, or new line items, so long as you do not overspend on your operational budget, and you abide by the monetary policy. For organizations under $2k, this percentage is 50%. For organizations over this amount, please email the Office of Organization Budgets to find out how much flexible spending your organization has.
  • Where do I access treasurer's training?

    Treasurer's training can be accessed online through OrgSync.
  • How much money do I have in my organization's account?

    Organizations receive monthly account reports for all speedtypes that contains current balances. Note: these balances will always reflect a financial situation a month delayed from your organization's current financial standing. It is important that organizations have their own current method for tracking expenditures, separate from SGS' system.
  • What are my organization's speedtypes?

    NRF organizations have only one speedtype (unless extenuating circumstances apply). This can be accessed by asking SGS or emailing the Office of Organization Budgets.

    RF organizations have two speedtypes. This can be accessed by asking SGS or emailing the Office of Organization Budgets.

  • What can't I get funded?

    Please see our Monetary Policy page for more information about funding restrictions.
  • How much can I get funded?

    Every organization has a financial cap determined by historical expenditures and the College Council Monetary Policy. You can find your cap by emailing the Office of Organization Budgets.
  • What are emergency funds?

    Please see our Monetary Policy page for more information about emergency funds.
  • What is an MPO?

    An MPO is a Monetary Policy Override. If at some point, an organization needs to override some aspect of the monetary policy (such as the way in which it funds ubers, the retroactive funding clause, the 84/16 rule, etc.) then an organization may appeal to the legislature to have this rule temporarily overturned for their budget. More information can be found on our MPO page.